Noodle Soup with Marinated Pork
Ingredients (For 2 people)
- 2 pork steaks
For the soup
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 nests dried egg noodles
- 4 big lettuce leaves
- 4 spring onions
- Chinese five spice and salt to taste
- Sriracha sauce to finish
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- Lemon juice to taste
Marinade the pork (At least an hour before)
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and add more of anything if you think it needs it.
- Chop the pork into bite sized pieces and coat well with the marinade.
- Cover and put in the fridge for at least an hour or two.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with cold water.
- Add the chilli flakes, coriander, sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles.
- Pan fry the pork for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the pork, lettuce and spring onions to the soup.
- Fry 2 eggs.
- Season the soup with salt and Chinese five spice if needed.
- Serve in deep bowls topped with a fried egg and sriracha sauce.
Fiery ginger beer