This is the best chilli ever. But everyone thinks their chilli is best don’t they? Whatever.
Ingredients (Serves: 4)
- 500g minced beef
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin baked beans
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Crushed chilli flakes
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 200ml decent beer
- Worcester sauce
- Lemon juice
- Chop the onion, garlic and chili pepper. Fry gently.
- Add the spices, chilli flakes, bay leaf and tomato puree
- Add the beef and cook until browned
- Crumble in the beef stock and a add a splash of Worcester sauce
- Add the tinned tomatoes, beans and beer and start to simmer for 40 mins.
- Add lemon juice if it needs it
60g rice per person (I use basmati) and grated cheddar cheese.
Beer I reckon
You can swap in red wine in place of the beer if you’re more trad. TBH most of the ingredients are flexible it’s chilli isn’t it?